Arts on the Horizon Inc

A nonprofit organization

Arts on the Horizon values intelligent, innovative, and original work for diverse young audiences that is accessible, affordable, inspiring, and joyful. We believe that the arts play an important role in the life of a child. Our interactive, nonverbal shows are performed by professional, adult actors. By giving to Arts on the Horizon today, you are partnering with us to bring the gift of theatre to very young children.

Your generosity will assist us in covering escalating material and service costs, providing equitable compensation to artists, and ensuring that our productions and arts education programming will continue to reach young people and their families throughout the DC metro area.

Like countless other nonprofit organizations, we are still navigating substantial challenges that stemmed from the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made some progress recovering from its profound impact, but we continue to fall short of pre-pandemic attendance and funding levels. Even with pre-pandemic attendance levels at performances, ticket sales alone only accounted for 25% of the production expenses. The remaining 75% of what it takes to bring each production to life relies primarily on generous contributions from individuals like you. 


Arts on the Horizon's original, world-premiere performances are designed to take place in an intimate setting where children not only feel comfortable to learn and explore, but also are an integral part of the performance itself. We have the utmost respect for children,  and hope that as we provide possibly their first theatrical experience, that it entertains and challenges them, sparks their creativity, and enhances their imaginative play.


Arts on the Horizon produced its inaugural show, Drumming with Dishes, in May 2011 in Alexandria, VA. With the resounding success of that show and high demand for theatre for the very young, Arts on the Horizon continued to grow, presenting its first full season of shows in 2013-14. In just ten years, we’ve commissioned and produced twenty-three productions and currently have several new shows in development.



Arts on the Horizon was one of three companies nominated for The 2016 John Aniello Award for Outstanding Emerging Theatre Company which recognizes new theatre companies for their exceptional work.  In 2017, Arts on the Horizon was honored by the Virginia Commission for the Arts with a 50 for 50 Arts Inspiration Award in the category of Emerging Artists and Organizations. 

Between 2018-2020, five Arts on the Horizon shows were nominated for Helen Hayes Awards in the category of Outstanding Production - Theatre for Young Audiences.


Organization Data


Organization name

Arts on the Horizon Inc

Tax id (EIN)



Arts & Culture


1100 Wythe Street, #26093