An Atlanta where all people have access to quality affordable housing in safe, vibrant neighborhoods with opportunities to thrive.
Atlanta Habitat for Humanity transforms communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families.
Although Atlanta Habitat has suspended in-person volunteer opportunities for the remainder of 2020, we are still committed to serving our families. Since the shutdown in March, 30 homebuyers have moved into their homes, and 50 Brush With Kindness projects and 40 critical home repairs have been completed!
In 2019, we served 161 new families with the help of our expanded programs. This record-breaking year adds to our impact:
- 6,000+ family members now enjoy the stability and economic advantages of homeownership
- $6+ million annual investment in new home construction, renovations and repairs and $600,000+ in property taxes and other assessments benefit the local economy
- Sustainable, green, permanent affordable housing solutions
- Longstanding neighbors, primarily military veterans and elderly residents, receive critical repairs to make their homes safe, dry and accessible
- ReStore donations divert thousands of tons of materials from landfills and generate $750,000+ annually for home building and other mission-driven programs
- New education, entrepreneurship, and scholarship programs push homeowners further up the economic ladder
- About our homeowners-
- 94 percent meet their mortgage obligations
- 72 paid-off their mortgage since 2015
- 83 percent are better-off financially
- 72 percent cite improved health