A big Thank YOU to the 224 donors who helped us raise over $110,000 for our Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign this year!
An Atlanta where all people have access to quality affordable housing in safe, vibrant neighborhoods with opportunities to thrive.
Atlanta Habitat for Humanity transforms communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families.
Although Atlanta Habitat had suspended in-person volunteer opportunities in 2020, we have continued to serve our families. Since the shutdown in March 2020, 55 homebuyers have moved into their homes, and 99 Brush With Kindness projects and 102 critical home repairs have been completed!
We annually serve over 200 new families each year with the help of our expanded programs.
This adds to our impact:
- 6,000+ family members now enjoy the stability and economic advantages of homeownership
- $6+ million annual investment in new home construction, renovations and repairs and $600,000+ in property taxes and other assessments benefit the local economy
- Sustainable, green, permanent affordable housing solutions
- Longstanding neighbors, primarily military veterans and elderly residents, receive critical repairs to make their homes safe, dry and accessible
- ReStore donations divert thousands of tons of materials from landfills and generate $1,200,000+ annually for home building and other mission-driven programs
- New education, entrepreneurship, and scholarship programs push homeowners further up the economic ladder
- About our homeowners-
- 94 percent meet their mortgage obligations
- 72 paid-off their mortgage since 2015
- 83 percent are better-off financially
- 72 percent cite improved health