An Atlanta where all people have access to quality affordable housing in safe, vibrant neighborhoods with opportunities to thrive.
Atlanta Habitat for Humanity transforms communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families.
In 2019, we served 161 new families with the help of our expanded programs. This record-breaking year adds to our impact:
- 6,000+ family members now enjoy the stability and economic advantages of homeownership
- $6+ million annual investment in new home construction, renovations and repairs and $600,000+ in property taxes and other assessments benefit the local economy
- Sustainable, green, permanent affordable housing solutions
- Longstanding neighbors, primarily military veterans and elderly residents, receive critical repairs to make their homes safe, dry and accessible
- ReStore donations divert thousands of tons of materials from landfills and generate $750,000+ annually for home building and other mission-driven programs
- New education, entrepreneurship, and scholarship programs push homeowners further up the economic ladder
- About our homeowners-
- 94 percent meet their mortgage obligations
- 72 paid-off their mortgage since 2015
- 83 percent are better-off financially
- 72 percent cite improved health