WHO WE ARE
We are a professional ballet company and academy of dance proudly serving the Treasure Valley and the State of Idaho. Our mission is to promote classical and contemporary ballet by encouraging artists to greatness and inspiring the public to value the performing arts. We enrich our community through quality performances, disciplined training, dance outreach and education.
Ballet Idaho’s arts education and outreach programs provide accessible and diverse arts programming for individuals throughout the Treasure Valley instilling a lifelong appreciation for the arts. Our programs include:
- The Learning Through Dance (LTD) program places a professional dance educator in third grade classrooms for 10 weeks. LTD empowers children by providing interactive and performance-based arts instruction that fosters confidence, creative thinking, and communication skills.
- The Student Matinee program works in collaboration with area school districts to bring students to abbreviated versions of performances held at the Morrison Center. These matinees introduce students to the joy and beauty of ballet by allowing them to experience a performance by a professional dance company in a fully produced theatrical setting.
- Our Academy Scholarships are awarded to deserving students with limited financial resources who have demonstrated talent, musicality, and a high level of motivation.
- Our Youth Ensemble performs for students in school assemblies and in the community for special events. Performances at schools provide insight into technique training, stagecraft, stage etiquette, and choreography.
- Our By Special Invitation program provides individuals from a wide range of socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds the opportunity to attend Ballet Idaho performances for free.
From one of our LTD classrooms:
"My students are very impulsive and struggle with self-control. Learning to communicate silently through dance helped them gain self control and communication skills."