99% of Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars go on to college. Once enrolled, BHGH scholars have an 86% college completion rate, compared to less than 40% nationally for college students from similar demographic backgrounds.
Boys Hope Girls Hope of Arizona serves promising, highly motivated children-in-need with alternative housing, private school tuition, college scholarships, academic support, enrichment opportunities, and the resources scholars need to break the cycle of poverty and reach their full potential.
We work with young people who have the potential to excel in college and careers and the motivation to become true leaders in Arizona. Unfortunately, they are struggling against economic and social conditions that significantly hinder their chances for success.
Through holistic residential programming, scholarship funding, and comprehensive college prep curriculum, Boys Hope Girls Hope works to make college graduation a reality for hard-working, capable students, in spite of family social and financial limitations.
- Students from low-income families are 10 times more likely to drop out of high school than those living in high-income households.
- 54% of students from wealthy families obtain bachelor’s degrees, compared to only 9% of students from low-income families.
THE BOYS HOPE GIRLS HOPE DIFFERENCE:
- 86% of Boys Hope Girls Hope collegians successfully graduate with a college degree. By contrast, the national average of collegians from similar demographic backgrounds who will continue to degree completion is below 40%.
- Research shows that a college degree is one of the best tools through which disadvantaged youth can surmount family cycles of poverty.
- 100% of Boys Hope Girls Hope scholars are from low-income and at-risk families. 99% of them go to college.