Join Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah to defend the potential of Utah's kids. Our Bigs, Littles, guardians, donors, and staff work together to ignite the power and promise of youth. In the past year, BBBSU provided mentoring and support to more than 900 children across Utah.
Our mission is URGENT:
- More than 91,000 children in Utah are living in poverty.
- In 2021, 75% of Utah kids reported depressive symptoms.
- In 2021, nearly 40% of Utah students reported being bullied.
- Suicide is the #1 cause of death among Utah youth ages 10-17.
- Economically disadvantaged students in Utah graduate at a rate 9.6% lower than their peers.
Our impact is SIGNIFICANT:
- 90% of Littles maintained or increased social acceptance (positive peer relationships).
- 92% of Littles had fewer or no increase in school behavior issues or bullying behaviors.
- 92% of Littles maintained or improved emotional regulation abilities.
- 95% of Littles graduated high school.
- 98% of Littles avoided substance use.
Stand with us today to defend, ignite, and empower the potential in local kids.