About the Georgia Symphony Orchestra:
The Georgia Symphony Orchestra exists to ensure that our community has access to music that is powerful, enriching and inspiring. We believe an arts organization should be an integral part of both the immediate and global community and create musical programming designed to engage, educate and create dialogue that enhances the lives of the local and regional community. Our multidimensional organization includes the Georgia Symphony Orchestra, GSO Chorus, GSO Jazz, and the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra.
The mission of the Georgia Symphony Orchestra is to enrich our community through accessible, high-quality musical and educational experiences that instill a lifelong appreciation for the arts.
Our vision is to continue growing a thriving and innovative cultural organization that enriches, educates, and inspires audiences, students, and musicians in the community.
1. We value high quality musical performances and we prioritize quality musicianship in our productions.
2. We value the accessibility of our programs to the community and we prioritize making venues, times, and cost fit the needs of the community.
3. We embrace diversity and innovation in our programming to inspire the widest possible audience with our musical experiences.
4. We value the importance of volunteers across our organization.
5. We value the support of our donors and audience members and continually manage our resources effectively and efficiently.
6. We recognize the vital contributions of our musicians and educators, and we strive to maintain relationships that create a positive environment for all.
The ensembles that comprise the GSO are:
The Georgia Symphony Orchestra
A symphony orchestra performing masterworks and pops concerts throughout the season in multiple locations around the metropolitan Atlanta/north-east Georgia region.
The Georgia Symphony Orchestra Chorus
Comprised of approximately 90 voices, the GSO Chorus performs orchestra/choral masterworks, pops, and independently produced events.
Professional jazz performances varying from combos to big band, typically held at the Earl Smith Strand Theatre on the Marietta square.
The Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra
The largest youth orchestra ensemble in the Southeast and one of the top-10 largest on the country, the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra (GYSO) includes five orchestras, jazz ensemble, percussion ensemble, flute choir, string symposium, and a youth chorus. Its mission is to inspire young people to discover their full potential through creativity and performance, and to develop the discipline and spirit to accomplish their musical goals.
With more than 20,000 patrons annually and 700 people who make music in our ensembles, the Georgia Symphony Orchestra offers musical opportunities to the greater North Georgia and metro Atlanta region.
Learn more at georgiasymphony.org.