$19,092 raised by 88 donors
Comunidades Unidas / Communities United (CU) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization founded in 1999. For the past 23 years CU has been at the forefront of the immigrant rights movement in Utah to ensure Latinxs and immigrants have equal opportunities to achieve their full potential.
Comunidades Unidas engages with thousands of individuals every year while maintaining our grassroots connection with our community.
It is our love, inclusiveness, and respect for the Latinx, immigrant, and undocumented community that leads us to fight for social justice, inclusion, and to advocate for every member of the community equitably. Together and guided by these values, we can tackle the injustices that face our community from the roots in order to ensure liberation for all. Our values inform our holistic approach to promoting community engagement and wellbeing.
Our initiatives are focused on building healthy, actively engaged, and united families!
Our goals include:
- Increase access to affordable health care services
- Empower community members to take control of their own health and advocate for issues that matter to them
- Provide comprehensive, affordable, immigration services to ensure family unity
- Increase civic engagement among Utah's immigrant and Latinx communities
- Advocate for immigrant rights and build a welcoming and inclusive state
- Educate worker's about their rights and workplace safety
- Combat hardships created by the COVID-19 pandemic, including food insecurity
- Facilitate opportunities for community organizing
Your generous donation has a huge impact on the lives of our community members. For every
$50 - provides a worker with a safety kit or a family with an emergency bag of food
$75 - assist a family to apply for SNAP benefits or a general immigration consultation
$250 - facilitates focus groups and community meetings
$500 - provides a family in need with emergency funds to alleviate the burden of COVID-19
$1200 - allows 10 individuals to receive a free mammogram
$5000 - provides 100 families with a week's worth of food
*A special thank you to all our donors for making Utah a place where the humanity of immigrants is recognized and where immigrants can find a path towards their liberation.
Do you want to avoid online processing fees? You can mail us a check to our office! Pay to the order of Comunidades Unidas and send to 1750 W. Research Way, Suite 102, West Valley City, UT 84119