Darkness RISING Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit which provides direct mental health resources and helps those in the Black community have conversations about their mental health and emotional well-being. We accomplish this by partnering with mental health providers, mental health educators, and Black performers from the Broadway community to create events, seminars, and direct resources where the intersection between mental health education and the arts collide.
Darkness RISING Project Nonprofit aims to:
-Improve the health and wellness of the Black community
-Raise awareness about mental health in our community
-Empower and engage our community via resources, events and services
-Erase the negative stigma of mental health issues
**NOTE: To donate to REBUILD, please donate here: REBUILD DONATIONS
To donate to our other programs and resources, donate using this page.
Darkness RISING Project offers these FREE resources:
- Black Mental Health Provider Database
- Black Mental Health Resource Packet: Directories, apps, podcast, organizations, advocates, emergency hotlines. Communities supported: Black community, LGBTQIA, Vets, Substance Use, Postpartum,
- Broadway for Mental Health Support: A partnership with Broadway producers to provide free therapy for Broadway company members, created in partnership with Tony Winner Adrienne Warren.
- Help Me Find a Therapist Program: Help Me Find A Therapist is a free program in partnership with mental health nonprofits Depressed While Black and Darkness Rising that directly assists community members in the search for Black therapists. Users fill out a digital form to make customized requests for culturally competent therapy and can expect to receive contact information for up to 3 Black therapists which meet their criteria, tips for their first therapy consultation, and more. As with any service, users are encouraged to research and consult with any providers before working with them to ensure a good fit.
- Darkness RISING: Live: A concert featuring Broadway's best and our Black mental health educators
- Wellness Wednesday Workshops
- Music & Mental Health Video Series on YouTube
- Mental Health Tips & Tools on our Blog + Newsletter
- Friday Resource Highlight Series on our socials