In 1997, Everybody Wins! Atlanta was founded, and the students of Hope-Hill Elementary School in the Old Fourth Ward enjoyed their first Power Lunch. For over 20 years, Everybody Wins! Atlanta has devoted itself to improving children's literacy and developing the reading skills of students in low-income elementary schools through shared reading experiences. Today Everybody Wins! Atlanta operates Power Lunch in 10 elementary schools and StoryTime in six elementary schools. As of the end of the 2019-20 school year, Everybody Wins! Atlanta has served more than 9,500 Metro Atlanta students with the Power Lunch program and over 30,000 Metro Atlanta students with the StoryTime program.
By giving today, you will help:
- Provide Power Lunch one-on-one mentoring to 500 underserved and at-risk students attending 7 Metro Atlanta Title I Elementary Schools. This program is designed for students reading below grade level to be paired with a caring adult for weekly shared reading experiences.
- Provide virtual Story Time sessions to nearly 2,500 children in grades kindergarten through 5th. This is Everybody Wins! Atlanta’s performing arts literacy program featuring professional and celebrity storytellers to increase early literacy, challenge imaginative thought and inspire “reading for pleasure” among children
- Distribute books with messages of hope, confidence and inspiration for children and families to create personal home libraries to encourage reading for pleasure.
Your investment will directly impact nearly 3,000 children who rely on Everybody Wins! Atlanta’s programs to develop their reading skills and improve literacy.
- $500 will provide a family with 10 books and sponsor 2 virtual StoryTime sessions, which impacts 270 school-aged underserved children throughout Metro Atlanta.
- $250 will provide a family with 6 books and sponsor one virtual StoryTime session.
- $100 will provide a family with 4 books and enrollment into virtual StoryTime session and the Power Lunch Reading program.
- $50 will screen and orient a volunteer to serve as a mentor and provide weekly one-on-one reading aloud experiences with a student through the Power Lunch Reading program.
- $25 will provide one book to a child and an opportunity to be paired with a caring adult mentor through the Power Lunch program to improve their reading skills.
Can we count on your support? If YES, please visit https://everybodywinsatlanta.org/donate to make a secure online donation today!