Harbison State Forest is the largest urban green space in the Southeast and is visited and enjoyed by thousands of people each month. The forest encompasses over 2,000 acres of woodland located along the banks of the Broad River approximately 8 miles from downtown Columbia, South Carolina.
Friends of Harbison State Forest is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded to preserve and promote the recreational and educational aspects of this urban forest resource.
- we support and fund activities such as:
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day
- participation in the Midland's Adopt-a-Waterway Project
- celebration of National Trails Day
- mountain bike races
- trail running races
- we purchase equipment and supplies to maintain and enhance the trail system and canoe landing
- we educate decision makers and the public about the importance of preserving the forests of South Carolina
- we encourage educational opportunities for children and adults by making the forest an outdoor classroom
- we work to keep the Forest trail system in top condition so all can enjoy walking, jogging, canoeing, kayaking, hiking and biking within its bounds
Harbison State Forest needs your support!
The Friends of Harbison State Forest welcome you!!