The Georgia Council on Economic Education (GCEE) helps teachers teach economics and personal finance in the public and independent schools of Georgia.
Each year GCEE delivers 120+ economics and personal finance workshops to more than 2,000 K-12 teachers in Georgia, preparing them to teach these important subjects creatively and effectively. The Georgia Council provides the following at no financial charge to teachers, schools or systems:
- effective professional development workshops that are standards driven.
- innovative lesson plans and instructional materials aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence.
- proven teaching and learning strategies that are research driven and lead to increased scores on the Georgia Milestones assessments.
- substitute teacher cost reimbursement to the school/school system for attending workshops.
- challenging academic competitions for elementary, middle and high school students that are exciting and engaging.
- site visits across the state that illustrate practical application of economic concepts in manufacturing, international trade and other economic areas.