Help us continue providing hope and partner with Georgia Council on Substance Abuse to create a Georgia where recovery is promoted, valued and sustained in every town, city and county throughout the state!
- GCSA has fostered the establishment of and provides technical assistance to 32 Recovery Community Organizations throughout the state providing peer recovery support services to over 25,000 individuals and families suffering from substance use.
- GCSA is the sole agency responsible for facilitating Georgia’s Medicaid billable Certified Peer Specialist in Addictive Diseases training, known as the Certified Addiction Recovery Empowerment Specialist (CARES) program. We have trained 691 CARES to date.
- In the month of October alone we provided peer recovery support to over 1000 recovering individuals through our statewide recovery warm line.
- In partnership with Northeast Georgia Health Systems we supply CARES in three of their Emergency Departments and two Neonatal Intensive Care Units to provide peer recovery support services to individuals, new mothers and families.
- This past year, GCSA became nationally accredited by the Council on the Accreditation of Peer Recovery Support Services (CAPRSS) and is the first organization in the state to achieve this honor
Your donation at any amount – even $1 – enables us to provide critical recovery support services to individuals, families and communities suffering from substance use challenges and disorders.
Thank you for your generous support!