Why give the gift of a job?
- A job helps break the cycle of poverty – Goodwill prepares job seekers for sustained meaningful employment, helping them become self-reliant and upwardly mobile at work and in life.
- A job helps cure homelessness, hunger, addiction, crime and more – By giving the gift of a job you will be treating one of the causes of homelessness, hunger, addiction, crime and more, reducing the demand on other social services.
- A job stabilizes families – Recent studies concluded that the negative consequences of losing a job extend far beyond the individual and destabilize families. This is particularly true of Hispanic and African American families. (Source: Urban Institute – How Does Unemployment Affect Family Arrangement for Children, August 2014)
Why is Goodwill a good investment for your charitable dollars?
- Goodwill is an upward mobility catalyst for the hardest to place job seekers – Goodwill helps job seekers remove their barriers to employment and puts them on a customized path to learn soft skills, acquire training and ultimately job placement. In 2016, Goodwill broke new records by providing services to over 14,000 people (across all programs combined). The agency’s employment programs put over 3,000 Nevadans into local jobs.
- Goodwill’s social enterprise means 100 percent of your financial contributions directly impacts job seekers – Because Goodwill’s retail stores cover the cost of overhead, all of the funds you contribute go directly to job training and placement services not our overhead costs.
- Goodwill’s job coaches make your contributions go farther – For every $1 contributed, individuals placed by Goodwill into local jobs earn $33. In 2016, individuals placed by Goodwill into local jobs earned $59 million in earned wages helping to build our local economy.
At Goodwill, we believe that everyone who wants to work should be able to work. Let’s work together to fight unemployment in our community.
#changinglives #nvbiggive #donate
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoodwillVegas/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoodwillVegas
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/goodwillvegas/