Our mission is to investigate and then raise public awareness about the many problems that are facing families and individuals that are at risk of slipping into poverty or that are living in poverty, and then to mobilize financial resources, products and volunteers to solve those problems and stabilize those households.
Hosea Feed the Hungry has come a long way since that first time that Rev. Hosea and Mrs. Juanita Williams fed the homeless in November of 1970 at the Wheat Street Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA. where they fed a dinner of soup and cornbread to 100 hungry men. The non-profit organization, more widely known as Hosea Helps today, has evolved into a year-round operation, providing critical human services to over 51,000 people annually.
Since March of 2020, Hosea Helps has made a powerful impact on the community through:
- Preventing hunger for 121,345 individuals with emergency food boxes and PPE equipment; distributing over $2,500,000 worth of food in the community including the unsheltered and homeless veterans
- Distributing cash to landlords to prevent homelessness totaling $2,150,928.87
- Co-producing 185 community giveaways with food and PPE supplies, while enrolling 12 mega apartment complexes in the “HFTH Civic Servants” initiative providing referrals to employment placement, mental health, emergency housing & medical care
- Ensuring that 1,880 families received school supplies, shoes, clothing and virtual learning supplies for in-home learning including isolated Latino families
- Delivering food/toiletries to 5,568 Senior Citizen high-rises and assisted living facilities
- Trained and empowered our 31 NPO “Equity Partners in Love”, in logistics, service provision and data management, duplicating ourselves to meet the great need
- Provided customized contactless volunteer experiences for over 9,000 volunteers
- During Thanksgiving and Christmas 2020 dinners 3,911 families, 380 seniors and 200 individuals in shelters were able to get fresh produce and food boxes, juice, water and frozen protein (chicken)
Your donations make a difference. Donate Today!