Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Inc., (LAS), founded in 1973, is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, providing free direct civil legal services to residents of Broward County (Fort Lauderdale).
The overall mission is to provide high quality legal advice, representation and education to people in Broward County who are economically disadvantaged. LAS’s goal is to assist in improving their lifestyle and living conditions and to encourage self-sufficiency.
LAS believes that justice should be available to ALL who need it, not just to those who can afford it.
CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY PROJECT
- Team Child - Juveniles
- Education Legal Rights Project
- Foreclosure Defense and Homeownership
- Public and Federally Subsidized Housing
- Wage and Bank Account Garnishment
- Bankruptcy (to save family home)
- Utility Issues
- Affordable Housing
- Homeless Legal Rights
- Community Re-entry
- Welfare Sanction Issues
- Barriers to Self-Sufficiency
- Environmental Issues
- Immigrant Advocacy
- Broward Lawyers Care
- Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Broward Human Rights Initiative (SEE PROJECT PAGE)