Mansfield Memorial Homes has been serving the Mansfield area since 1953. It was started by concerned citizens who wanted to provide geriatric services to the elderly Mansfield population. The nursing home was first located in the Henry Black residence, gifted from a trust by Mrs. Frances Scattergood. The home originally catered to eight residents. Building on the success of the Scattergood house and wanting to expand the services offered, the home adjacent to the Scattergood house was than gifted by John and Pearl Conard. It served as a gathering place for crafts, workshops, and general retirement activities including services to the elderly in the community. Sensing a growing need in the community, plans were made to expand programs, and the geriatric center was built and then opened in 1963. In 1959, the Ohio Department of Health awarded a grant to the facility to start the first Meals on Wheels program in the United States that met all of the following requirements:
Mansfield Memorial Homes is still fulfilling its mission to provide the community with a variety of services, including skilled nursing care and rehabilitation, outpatient physical therapy, assisted living, independent living, Rotary adult day care, Meals on Wheels, congregate meals and transportation. MMH staff, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care in an environment that is both welcoming and homelike. In life, change is the only constant, and Mansfield Memorial Homes is constantly changing to serve the needs of a new generation of people within Mansfield and Richland County.
Mansfield Memorial Homes Inc
Employer id number (ein)
AddressPO BOX 966