Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Arizona private nonprofit corporation providing educational, therapeutic, rehabilitation and social services to children and adults with developmental, physical and behavioral health challenges.
Imagine living your life without the chance to make even the most basic decisions for yourself. Marc Community Resources believes all persons should be actively involved in determining where and how they live, learn, work and play. Marc was founded on this belief in 1957. Today we serve more than 8,000 people and they're growing each year to find greater independence, stability and productivity through Marc.
Marc Community Resources is a true Made-in-America story: In the late 1950s, at a time when most Americans were doing the jitterbug to Elvis Presley’s All Shook Up or learning to hula hoop with their kids, 9 Mesa families joined with a common goal of improving the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities. The original Marc Center program focused on education, but because needs grew throughout the years, both the types of services offered and Marc’s geographic territory expanded. Examples of current services include:
• Home and center-based early intervention services for pre-school aged children in physical, occupational and speech therapy;
• Daily living services for adults with severe developmental delays;
• Community resources for self-help skills, academics, social skills and safety orientation;
• Employment programs with practical training and job placement;
• 22 group homes with 3 to 6 residents per setting – a much more livable alternative to institutional living;
• Crisis intervention and defensive driving training for direct care workers;
• Pet therapy program;
• Inter-generational housing so families can stay together;
• Vocational & residential services for adults with severe mental illnesses;
• Transportation services to day treatment programs and activities; and
• Focus on offering assistive technology for safer, healthier lifestyles.
Thank you for supporting greater independence for all persons!
Marc Community Resources, Inc.
924 N. Country Club Drive
Mesa, AZ 85201
Development Contact: Debra Sullivan, Exec. Asst. 480-969-3800