One in four Kentuckians suffer from mental illness. On average these people die twenty years younger than the general public. Resources to help them deal with their illness and achieve wellness are far too sparse.
Protecting and strengthening mental health is important to Mental Health America of Kentucky We believe everybody should have the ability to respond to thier own mental health and get affordable and personalized treatment.
To achieve these goals we
- provide free mental health screenings on our website, at www.mhaky.org
- award scholarships to individuals majoring in mental health fields
- give free education programs on diabetes and mental health, living with depression and other events to teach about diabetes and mental health
- give referral information to those seeking treatment and help
- we educate the public about mental health
we fight to end discrimination against people with mental and addictive disorders
- we support individuals and their loved ones living with mental health and substance abuse problems.