MIDVALE COMMUNITY BUILDING COMMUNITY
Midvale City began the Community-Building-Community Initiative (CBC) in 1998 to improve the general well being of Midvale residents. Data were identified that indicated problems at the community level. The data were largely health related—high suicide rates, high infant mortality, high mobility rates, high teen pregnancy rates, limited health and dental care access.
• Empower people by educating them about available services in the community
• Create a supportive community by encouraging neighbors to know and help each other.
• Decrease mobility by increasing the use of supportive services.
• Increase the feeling among community residents that they live in a safe and supportive community.
Guided by the diverse collection of Midvale City residents, we will create a community of networks and partnerships within Midvale City so that all residents will be empowered to access educational opportunities and services that will help them to achieve their maximum potential and eliminate poverty. We recognize the ethnic richness of the community at large and commit to providing a continuum of social supports and economic resources so that timely, collaborative, family-centered services can be accessed by all members of the community
1. HEALTH: We promote access to health care and prevention for Midvale City residents.
-Full Dental Services
-Primary Care Services
2. STABLE FAMILIES: We promote stable family lives through classes and workshops.
- Families More United
- Love and Logic
3. EDUCATION: We promote education and academic achievement
Afterschool and Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs
4. SAFETY: We promote solidarity in the neighborhood through workshops teaching codes of safety behavior.
5. INCOME: We provide classes and workshops to help families obtain economic independence.
Midvale Community Building Community Inc. 801-566-6191 office
Medical – Dental Clinic:385.887.9002