Mt. Zion Human Services is a not-for-profit human service agency delivering our community neighbors assistance in the following areas: FAMILY STABILITY,,HEALTH & WELLNESS, CHILDREN & YOUTH, WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, AND EDUCATION
The goals of the agency are:
- To help children achieve superior outcomes in the areas of education and academic preparedness through tutoring, as well as social, physical, and spiritual development.
“My son is a fourth grader who attended the tutoring sessions through Mt. Zion Human Services. I’m pleased to say that the excellent tutoring helped my son tremendously – especially in his self-confidence and his caring about his own work and grades. The program encouraged him to want to learn and not to give up when something is difficult. He was also ready and prepared for the FCAT this year, thanks to MZHS tutoring services.”
- Additionally, Mt. Zion Children’s Center is an early childcare center that provides full daycare and Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) for children ages 2-5, and after-school care for children in grades K-5.
- To aid parents and families in achieving family success, financial security and a basis of material, and spiritual wealth.
- To work alongside private investors and public stakeholders in creating a competitive and attractive landscape of commercial and housing development.
- With the support of the Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg, Mt. Zion Human Services and Community Development Corporation (MZHSCDC) can now provide the community “Care toward Health Access with Management that is Personal” (CHAMPS). We help to make clients aware of some great alternatives to visiting the emergency room for sickness and other needs.