It's time to take action for individuals and families living with mental illness. One in four adults or roughly 61.5 million Americans are affected by mental illness in their lives. It's time to provide support, educate our peers and the public, and end the stigma of living with a mental illness.
As an affiliate of the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization, NAMI-Western Massachusetts advocates for access to services, treatment, supports, and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raising awareness and building a community of hope for all those in need.
NAMI-Western Massachusetts is almost entirely volunteer run, and all of the programs and support that we offer are at no cost to the public.
In order to continue to offer support, education and advocacy to ALL THOSE in need in Western Mass, we are in dire need of financial support. We hope you will help us continue the valuable mission we have been carrying out for over 30 years in Western Massachusetts.
How do we help the Western Massachusetts community? We offer the following for free:
* support groups for people living with mental illness, and for people with loved ones affected by mental illness.
* education programs, including our 12-week Family to Family course and our 6-week Basics course.
* education events on topics including disability law (SSI & SSDI), children and mental illness, and disability and employment law.
* support and information (413-786-9139)
* Advocacy at the local, state and national levels
AND SO MUCH MORE!