Pacifica School Volunteers recruits members of our high school and local adult community to Volunteer in our public schools. Working together with public school students one-on-one or in small groups, particularly in reading and math, helps ensure students reach grade-level standards and graduate.
Do you know that last year, our Volunteers shared over 27,000 hours with Pacifica public school students? Do you know that since our inception in 1997, our Volunteers have reached over ten thousand young people?
Share in our Success!
Pacifica School Volunteers:
* Brings Volunteers to schools to help struggling students succeed by providing trusted academic support and the extra attention children need to ensure achievement;
* PSV recruits, screens, trains, and places adult, college, and high school Volunteers to serve WEEKLY in schools. Our dedicated Volunteers serve at least 1-2 hours a week, although most Volunteers become an even greater mentor and role model for student learning;
* Assists parents in supporting their children with Parent Education workshops;
* Presents community-wide events, such as a school "Read Aloud Day," to promote literacy and academic achievement, bringing the community together and strengthening generational ties with Readers in the Classrooms; and
* Builds a bonded community by strengthening ties between students, families, community members, businesses, civic organizations, and our schools.
“Through their regular attendance, volunteers create safe and nurturing relationships with our students, one-to-one or in small groups. They truly help our children love learning and be successful.”(Principal, Pacifica School District)
“Coleen is an amazing volunteer. This class has grown so much because of her work. She is a dream come true.” (Teacher, Pacifica School District)
“John is the best volunteer I have ever had! He puts his heart into working with the students and supports them with all of their unique learning needs. He is dedicated and always communicating with me about student progress and goals”(Teacher, Pacifica School District)