The John C. Storms Museum, a 501c3 non-profit, is located in the headquarters of the Pascack Historical Society, 19 Ridge Avenue , Park Ridge , New Jersey. Operated solely by volunteers, the Society is looking to raise money to maintain and improve the services it is able to provide.
Throughout the mid-20th century, John C. Storms, a local historian and newspaper publisher, collected a large number of artifacts and manuscripts from the early days of the Pascack Valley. He founded the Historical Society in 1942 and served as the first curator of the collection.
The Museum is admission-free and open to the public on Wednesdays from 10 AM to noon and on Sundays from 1 to 4 PM. Group tours are accommodated at other times by prior arrangement. It is maintained by the Pascack Historical Society and all are welcome.
The building, designated as a historic location, was originally erected as a chapel in 1873. Today, it has been altered to provide access to the disabled. The exhibits are all on one floor and there is a ramp from the driveway on the east side of the building. In addition to the permanent displays, volunteers from the Pascack Historical Society regularly present exhibits of general interest.