WHO WE ARE
The Homeless Leadership Alliance of Pinellas (HLA) helps the most vulnerable members of our community end or avoid homelessness, improving both individual and overall community health. The HLA not only provides direct care but also leads system-wide coordination through the Pinellas Continuum of Care (CoC).
WHAT WE DO
The HLA provides care through the following programs:
Community Navigation: This team helps individuals, families, seniors, and youths experiencing homelessness navigate through available resources and programs. This team also provides necessary service referrals.
Housing Stabilization: The Housing Specialist helps clients secure affordable, stable housing. To help this process, the Landlord Liaison recruits landlords to work with housing programs across the county.
Prevention and Diversion: This team helps individuals and families maintain housing and avoid homelessness.
Veteran Services: Veterans experiencing or at-risk of homelessness should contact the Veteran Services team for assistance with housing, workforce development, resource navigation, and more.
Workforce Development: Job seekers can receive employment and education assistance, interview preparation, and connections to employers.
Additional Services: The HLA manages the annual Point in Time (PIT) Count and Survey, the Pinellas Cold Night Shelter Program, and publishing the Pinellas Homeless Resource Guide. Additionally, HLA works with Emergency Management to lead community-wide responses during weather emergencies.
System-Wide Planning: The HLA serves as the lead agency in the Pinellas Continuum of Care (CoC), a diverse group dedicated to ensuring homelessness in Pinellas County is rare, brief, and a one-time experience.
WHAT YOUR DOLLARS DO
HLA relies on your donations to:
- Provide critical resources - such as bus passes, blankets, and first aid supplies - to our neighbors in need.
- Support individuals experiencing homelessness who participate in board and committee meetings, ensuring their expertise are included in all decisions.
- Pay move-in fees so that individuals and families can secure permanent, stable housing.
- Cover small expenses so that households at-risk of homelessness can maintain their housing and avoid becoming homeless.
- Support the Cold Night Shelter Program, which provides individuals and families experiencing homelessness with a warm, safe place to sleep when the temperature is dangerously low.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Ensure the most vulnerable members of our community can continue to access vital resources.
To learn more about or get involved in the HLA, visit www.PinellasHomeless.org.