RAINS seeks to empower, educate, and advocate for the RAINBOW (LGBTQ) community and its allies in Cowlitz County, Washington State, and surrounding areas.
1. To encourage agencies to include Rainbow Community/LGBTQ+ inclusive training into their training regimen.
2. To advocate for things such as gender-neutral bathrooms in public spaces and businesses throughout Cowlitz County.
3. Engage in community outreach at local events to spread awareness about the mission of RAINS.
4. Assist in the implementation of a monthly health clinic, with a provider that specializes in transgender health.
5. Bring a Rainbow Community/LGBTQ+ Safe Space, Ally, and Diverse Language Training to Cowlitz County
6. Create events for Rainbow Community/LGBTQ+ and Allies in a safe space.
7. Compile Rainbow Community/LGBTQ+ friendly community resources to create a comprehensive resource list
8. Provide a safe space to engage the community through events and activities as well as offer information on services and resources in the area.