Rest Haven Children's Health Fund provides funds for health-related services for children in San Diego when no other funds, private or public, are available. We accomplish this important undertaking by granting emergency funding assistance throughout the year through with our emergency referral grants. Any service provider who is working with a child and identifies a health-related need that is unmet due to lack of funding can apply using our online application.
With inflation and significant cuts to benefits, children need your help now more than ever. Every level of donation helps:
• $150 provides a car seat and stroller to a newborn whose parent is on public assistance.
• $250 supplies gas or groceries to a family that needs to take time off work to visit their newborn in the NICU.
• $500 pays for swimming lessons for two children with developmental disabilities so they can be water safe.
• $1,000 offsets the cost of adaptive equipment for a special needs child to travel safely in the family’s car.
• $2,500 covers the cost of glasses for 40 underserved children during the school year.
• $5,000 ensures that we can provide emergency basic needs such as clothes, diapers, and formula to 20 children for the entire year.
Our goal is to raise $2,500 with the San Diego Gives campaign to help more children in 2023 than ever before!
Rest Haven has been supporting the health needs of San Diego County’s underserved children since its founding in 1909, and later expanded its support to include Imperial County.
Rest Haven Children’s Health Fund (formerly known as Rest Haven Preventorium for Children) has been operating under its current name since 1998.