Did you know?
Our organization is stabilizing your community through three important programs:
- Our building program has provided housing for 335 people including 199 children in 91 Habitat homes.
- The Habitat for Humanity ReStore (a home improvement thrift store) keeps 391 tons of building materials out of the Salt Lake landfill each year and provides the public with an affordable solution for improving their homes.
- Our Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative (NRI) has made critical home repairs for low income families. Many of these homes are making the occupants sick. A total of 183 people in Salt Lake County have benefitted from improved health including children, seniors and vets.
Why Habitat for Humanity is a Good Community Investment:
- Habitat for Humanity homes are community assets. When a home is dedicated to a family it triggers a mortgage that is repaid and invested back into the community. The asset continues to improve our Utah communities far into the future.
- We have a very low rate of foreclosure and strive to educate our partner families in becoming exceptional home owners.
- Many partner families have children that go to college, get degrees, and find themselves in a position of success.