The San Mateo Police Activities League's MISSION is to build a bond between cops and kids.
In collaboration with our community partners, San Mateo PAL SEEKS to improve the lives of our youth through positive, interactive experiences with police officers, and to build a safer society by steering our youth away from crime and delinquency.
Since 1997, San Mateo PAL has made change possible to the lives of many kids. PAL works tirelessly everyday to keep our kids on track, in school and out of gangs. We not only partner with the child, but their family as well, offering any assitance we can to strenghten the child's life at home to keep them moving towards a brighter future. The majority of PAL's members are from low-income households and minority backgrounds, our most vulnerable population to outside negative influence! PAL teaches our kids how to resist negative temptations, improve self-esteem, develop positive values and ask for help. We offer athletics, arts, outdoor programs, leadership, GREAT, and a Diversion program for kids ages 5 to 18 for free or a nominal cost.
We need your help to continue making this change possible in our community! We have over 1000 youth members and reach over 900 6th graders every year with our GREAT Program.
PAL offers age-appropriate programs and activities for kids throughout the year:
- Sports: Soccer, Wrestling, Archery, Jr. Giants Baseball, Basketball, more
- Arts: Painting and Art Classes, Dance Troupe
- Outdoor Activities: White water rafting, rock climbing, snow day, deep sea fishing, dirt bike riding
- Field Trips: Movies, zoo, theatre performances, college campus and corporate tours
- Education: Book Club, Youth Leadership Council, financial literacy, wellness, G.R.E.A.T (Gang Resistance Education and Training) and resistance to bullying to 6th graders
All PAL activities include positive messaging in life skills, teamwork, integrity, honesty and respect for others.
To learn more about PAL activities or to join visit www.sanmateopal.org