Shepherd Valley School & Garden Inc

A nonprofit organization

48 donors

Welcome to Shepherd Valley Waldorf School's annual campaign page.


Our Annual Campaign is the means by which we raise funds to help bridge the gap between operating income and operating expenses.  Tuition and fees cover 86% of our operating expenses and the remaining 14% must be made up from other sources. We have a generous tuition assistance program, with almost 30% of our expenses going to help our families. We are reaching out to our community for support to help us enhance our programming and reach our fundraising goals for 2013-2014.


We are looking to expand our circle of donors, donors who can assist us in creating a stronger and larger foundation. Whether it be a one time donation, a monthly donation, or a yearly donation, your commitment to our school will make a huge difference in the lives of our children, teachers, and staff. Will you consider becoming a core donor?


A core donor is a community supporter who commits to assist us financially on an ongoing basis, whether it be $10 or $1000 per month, or a one-time donation. Individually, we make a small impact;  collectively, $10 a month becomes a valuable and essential donation. We are honored that you have taken a moment to consider a donation, and we promise to put to good use any amount given.


About Our School

Shepherd Valley Waldorf School sits on 38 agricultural acres in Niwot, Colorado, and has offered a rich Waldorf curriculum since our inception in 1993. We offer our students a rigorous academic program integrated with music, languages, visual and performing arts, physical education and therapeutic movement.


We are a small Waldorf School, and our teachers, parents, and 4 staff members provide 100% of the management and operations of our school. Much of the work at our school is done by parent volunteers, for example:  caring for our beautiful organic campus, serving as a board member, helping with marketing and development, and assisting at our community gatherings throughout the year.


Our current projects include:


  • Everybody Eats! Farm Initiative - A farmer cultivation center on campus. These farmers tilled, planted and tended a two-acre organic garden this past season. Their Community Supported Agriculture program sold more than 20 abundant shares of vegetables in its first season, mostly to the Shepherd Valley community. A food stand on campus provided the community at large an opportunity to purchase their local produce.
  • Chinese Language Program - for 1st through 8th grade students - complementing our long-standing German program.  Students participate in each World Language class twice/week throughout the entire school year.
  • Campus Development Plan - a comprehensive phased plan for further developing our 38-acre campus.


 Please visit our website for more information:


Thank you once again for considering a donation to our school. In this time where many people feel isolated or disconnected, it is good to know that we have such a strong and generous community supporting our school.


"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations."


Organization Data


Organization name

Shepherd Valley School & Garden Inc

Tax id (EIN)





NIWOT, CO 80503


(303) 652-0130