Southern Maryland Community Network (SMCN) offers supportive behavioral health services to individuals in Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's Counties. Our goal is to help the individuals we serve acheive their own personal definition of recovery.
SMCN strives to make a difference (however small) in the lives of individuals living with mental illnesses:
- Helping homeless individuals obtain shelter or housing.
- Ensuring they are receiving psychiatric care and taking their medications.
- Reducing psychiatric hospital admissions.
- Reducing the risk of incarceration.
- Ensuring they are receiving necessary substance abuse services.
- Helping them through a psychiatric crisis and reducing suicide risks.
- Reducing the number of out-of-home placements for children while strengthining family functioning.
- Linking individuals to local food pantries.
- Ensuring income for individuals through our Supported Employment Program or disability income.
- Assisting with daily living skills to ensure they remain independent.
- Providing supportive housing to individuals who need a higher level of care.
- Ensuring individuals remain active within our community and develop natural supports.
We advocate for the individuals we serve and strive to not only create awareness, but reduce the stigma associated with mental illnesses. Donating to our cause directly affects the lives of the individuals we serve.