Trinity Services Inc. is a secular, nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. It began over 60 years ago as a tiny school in Joliet for children who could not attend public schools due to their intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Today, Trinity offers a wide range of services for children and adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities, mental illness and behavioral health needs. The organization serves more than 3,500 people in 29 Illinois communities in Will, Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Peoria and St. Clair counties. It also serves about 100 people in northern Nevada.
For persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities, Trinity offers:
- Residential options ( with intermittent to 24-hour support)
- A school (grades pre-K to 12)
- Nine adult learning programs at 18 sites
- Employment services (skills training, job matching, on-the-job services)
- Family supports
- Crisis services
- Therapeutic horseback-riding.
The Behavioral Health program provides:
- Therapeutic, housing and employment services for adults with mental illness
- Dual diagnosis services (MI, IDD)
- Autism Center (diagnostic services, behavior analysis, social skills training)
- Illinois Center for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (diagnostic, educational and social supports).
- Family Counseling Center, serving individual children and adults, groups, couples and families.