Contribute to the Nebraska Legends Scholarship Program and help make the Husker experience a reality for prospective students. A partnership between the Nebraska Alumni Association, the UNL Office of Admissions and the University of Nebraska Foundation, the Nebraska Legends Scholarship Program was created to recruit and retain top students—referred to as the Nebraska Legends Scholars—to UNL. Once at UNL, the students participate in a program designed to help them find academic success, make friends, and become engaged in campus life.
The best part? It’s working! The numbers tell the story:
- The first Nebraska Legends Scholars class (2011-12) was 79 students. The 2012-13 class is 132 students, and the 2013-14 class is projected between 315-325 students.
- Nebraska Legends Scholars are involved in more than 150 registered student organizations on campus, for an average of 3.2 organizations per student.
- Nebraska Legends Scholars are staying at UNL after their freshman year. Their 2011-12 retention rate was 92.4 percent (73 out of 79 students), and their 2012-13 retention rate was even higher—96.2 percent (127 out of 132 students). This compares to an all-university freshman class retention rate of 84 percent.
- The average GPA of Nebraska Legends Scholars was 3.22 (2011-12 academic year) and 3.458 (2012-13 fall semester), compared to the average freshman GPA of 2.858 (2011-12 academic year) and 2.831 (2012-13 fall semester).
- Both of the Nebraska Legends Scholars classes have represented all nine of UNL’s undergraduate colleges.
Help us continue to make a difference for students (and future alumni). Give today!
For more information about the Nebraska Legends, click here.