Founded in 1997 by Dr. Jane Aronson, WWO addresses the needs of orphans around the world by providing health, education, developmental, and psycho-social services.
- Why: 153 million orphans in the world (UNICEF State of the World’s Children, 2011) need basic services
- Where: WWO programs are in Ethiopia, Bulgaria, Vietnam, Haiti, Serbia
- What: We reach more than 35,000 orphans, vulnerable children and those who care for them through programs like these:
- 2,500 patients - Health / HIV care and follow-up (30,000 tested for HIV) Ethiopia
- 1,000 clients - Family Resource Centers, Vietnam
- 850 children - Toy Library, Bulgaria
- 800 children - Camp/Camp Follow-up, Ethiopia and Vietnam
- 360 students - WWO Academy, grades k-4, Ethiopia
- 350 children - One-to-One Programs, Haiti, Bulgaria, and Vietnam
- Every WWO program includes training, mentoring, and potential career growth for staff - their success inspires our children and helps local communities stay strong.