For over 30 years the Boys & Girls Club of the Hi-Desert has offered activities and programming in education, self-esteem and life issues, sports & recreation, and more to fulfill its mission of inspiring and enabling young people in the community. We serve over 1,100 members between the ages of 5 and 18. We provide a safe place after school every day until 6 p.m. and offer an all-day Summer Session while school is out between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Quality programming includes:
- Project Learn/Power Hour - Educational program after school Monday through Thursday, for children and teens grages K-12 which offers tutoring and homework assistance. This program continues during Summer Session and reinforces learning and study habits so children are prepared when they return to school full time in the fall.
- Summer Session Food Program - During our Summer Session, children are provided both breakfast and lunch for free. This is especially important for our members from families with food insecurity.
- Delinquency Prevention Programs - Team setting that provides support to at-risk youth in partnership with social service agencies.
- Round Table - Teen members meet in supportive team settings to discuss drug prevention, peer pressure, bullying, and other concerns and issues.
- Career Launch - Exploration of career opportunities. Weekly guest speakers showcase their industries, exposing our Teen Center members to a variety of career choices. Offsite visits to local businesses in various industries enhance the experience.
- SMART Girls - 5th and 6th grade girls meet consistently to discuss topics including life skills, health, beauty and body issues, peer pressure, mentoring, and self-esteem.
- Date SMART - Life skills program faciliating discussion between teen members on dating and relationships and encouraging members to become advocates of relationships based on respect and equality.
- Triple Play - Program that embodies the Mind, Body, and Soul and focuses on good nutritional and physical fitness.