“Supporting our student’s roots, so they can reach for the stars.”
What does the PTA do?
We engage, enrich and support students, teachers, staff, families, friends and the greater community of Richard Gordon. We believe that our collective support is integral to a joyful and successful experience at Richard Gordon Elementary School. Whatever time, energy and support we can offer to our kiddos, teachers and staff at Richard Gordon - the positive effects are exponential.
What we work towards:
Our goal is to enrich education, offer experiences and support emotional well being of our school community. The past few years has been difficult, to say the least, but the PTA has continued to support our school community with purpose and heart. We are excited to continue to support our school and grow our role as we are able, in healthy and creative ways.
What we do:
- Provide education enrichment - some examples include online math and reading enrichment programs, STEAM funding, Art Docent program, Passport Club, Project Linus, and various after school clubs.
- Support our teachers and staff- we offer grants for classroom supplies and experiences, art docent funding and classroom support, work committees, appreciation events and more.
- Building improvements such as air purifies in all classrooms, new filtered drinking fountain, basketball hoops on the playground, grounds maintenance and more.
- Volunteer- in the classroom, in the lunchroom, on the playground. During school and after school. There are so many opportunities to help, and our volunteers are greatly appreciated.
- Provide activities that enrich the school experience for children and families – the PTA funds and sponsors school assemblies and activities such as Back to School Celebrations, Turkey Trot, Tye Dye, Trunk or Treat, Field Day, Holiday Shoppe, Gordon Gear, and 5th Grade Promotion. We are working on bringing back programs that were put on hold due to Covid regulations.
- Cultivate community- we work towards increasing involvement and growing relationships. Some examples of our work have included collecting for the Kingston Food Bank at every PTA event, Care and Share clothing bins.
- Fundraise - this is integral to help accomplish other goals. We work with the goal of encompassing fun with fundraising.
All forms of support- time, knowledge, enthusiasm and energy, funding and otherwise- is greatly appreciated. Collectively then, we help grow a positive experience for all at the Richard Gordon Elementary School.