Expand the Artist in Schools program to reach more schools on the Kenai Peninsula.
raised by 18 people
The current annual budget funds AIS programming for about 25% of Kenai Peninsula schools.
Bunnell Street Arts center is the primary provider of Artist in the Schools (AIS) for the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District (KPBSD). State funding for the Artist in Schools programming maxes out at about $12,000 for Bunnell, which typically serves about 12 schools. KPBSD has 42 schools.
The program is thriving and we are ambitious.
- Since 2001, Bunnell has provided 157 Artist in Schools units.
- Presenting units in ALL media, including indigenous art native to Alaska.
- Every dollar raised will be matched by private foundation grants.
We connect participating schools with professional artists to foster an arts-impassioned district through AIS programming. Every AIS program offers professional development for teachers and for artists.
Help double hands-on art access to kids in our district.
- For many years, Jazzline provided a third of additional funding needed to serve 6-8 schools.
- Without Jazzline, we are limited to about 12 schools per year.
- This campaign will double this program's capacity to reach more.
It's an ambitious, multi-year effort to double the size of Bunnell's Artist in Schools program over five years and implement our commitment to promoting Alaska's diverse contemporary cultural heritage.
Double your donation with a 1 : 1 match
We want to double the annual number of schools we serve, especially in rural and remote parts of the peninsula- and your donation will get us there. Each contribution will provide a 1:1 match from private foundation grants.
We can get there with your help.
Be a part of building a better youth art education for Alaskans.
This fundraiser supports
Bunnell Street Arts Center