It’s no accident that the first of our organizational values is “We’re Stronger Together.” Join us.
raised by 82 people
1 month left
Thank you, EENC community – on #GivingTuesday, we came together to raise an outstanding $2,567 to fuel our work into 2024! (And mind you, that's *before* our dollar-for-dollar matching grant has been applied to double that total!)
But the Annual Campaign is still far from over: we need your continued enthusiasm and support to help us reach our $25,000 campaign goal and unlock every dollar of our matching grant, to end 2023 with a $50,000 launchpad into the new year. So tell a friend, spread the word, make a donation – because we're better together.
Today, 11/28 is #GivingTuesday: an annual celebration of charitable giving unleashing the power of people to transform their communities and the world. Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Since then, that idea has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
This GivingTuesday, join in the generosity movement by making a donation to EENC’s Annual Campaign: We’re Better Together. With an amazing $25,000 match promised, we’re bringing our community together to reach our $25,000 goal, realizing the full match and boosting our funds and future by $50,000 before the end of the year.
In addition to helping us unlock every dollar of our matching grant, GivingTuesday is an excellent time to give because it puts us in the running for special prizes from our fundraising platform, MightyCause. Help put EENC on the leaderboard and in the running for prize drawings with a donation – bonus points for gifts given during the time-restricted (Power Hour and Golden Ticket) prize windows! See all the prizes EENC is eligible for during the MightyCause GivingTuesday event below, and join in the fun – because we're better together.
Eligible Prize Drawings:
- Lunchtime Power Hour: 11am-12pm EST – participating nonprofit with the most unique donors during this hour wins $250.
- Golden Tickets: during each of the time frames below, two random donations will be chosen for a $100 boost.
- 12-9am EST on 11/28
- 9am-6pm on 11/28
- 6pm on 11/28 - 3am EST on 11/29
- New Nonprofit Leaderboard Prizes: first-time participating nonprofit who raises the most funds on 11/28 wins $750! Second place $250, third place $100.
- Small Nonprofit Leaderboard Prizes: participating nonprofit with a small annual operating budget who raises the most funds on 11/28 wins $750! Second place $250, third place $100.
- Unique Donors Prize: participating nonprofit with the most unique donors between 11/14 and 11/28 wins $250.
- 2023 prize: the 2,023rd donation on 11/28 will receive a $100 boost.
- Recurring Donations prize: the participating nonprofit who sets up the most new recurring donations on between 11/14 and 11/28 wins $250.
- Meet Your Match prize: two participating nonprofits that reach their matching grant goal by 11/28 will be randomly selected to win an annual Accelerator-Level subscription to the MightyCause software ($1,428 value).
- Amplify Your Fundraising prize: two participating nonprofits that raise over $1,000 on 11/18 will be randomly selected to win an annual Accelerator-Level subscription to the MightyCause software ($1,428 value).
Your EENC Needs You: We’re Stronger Together
It’s no accident that the first of our organizational values is “We’re Stronger Together.” 2023 brought us these values statements along with major growth, change, and victories that have laid the foundation for a phenomenal 2024. Now we must act together to ensure that EENC meets new challenges and change gracefully, continuing as a thriving leader for environmental education in North Carolina and across the nation.
This year we’ve received a generous matching grant to bolster this crucial fundraising drive! With an amazing $25,000 match promised, we must come together to reach our $25,000 goal, realizing the full match and boosting our funds and future by $50,000 before the end of the year. This organization is special because we are guided by educators, for educators. Now we need your support to ensure that our shared work can continue.
From resource development to professional learning opportunities, to community advocacy, EENC’s successes have direct impact across the environmental education (EE) field and beyond. 2023 highlights include:
- Developed new, nationally adopted guides and resources in response to Phase I of the SEEA Landscape Analysis
- eeGuidance for Equitable Pay & Hiring
- eeGuidance for Collection of Demographic Information
- Activated statewide community to advocate for and enshrine EE in our school standards and graduation requirements
- Facilitated dozens of nationally recognized professional development courses
- Shared the giving - through Mini-Grants and our goal-exceeding Let’s Grow Together campaign, we sent more than $10,000 to EE programs and providers across NC
The momentum for meaningful change keeps going! Your donation today has an immediate impact on what we’ll accomplish in 2024, like:
- A new Strategic Plan to guide our next chapter
- Values-driven transition to innovative shared leadership model among staff
- Fresh leadership structure on the Board of Directors to maximize members’ talents and amplify committee impact
- Major resources and professional development to support all educators incorporating EE in their transition to the new science standards
- Applying data from Phase II of the SEEA Landscape Analysis to directly address EE gaps and needs identified by school teachers and administrators
- And more!
Your direct involvement and our shared values pave the way. We’re Stronger Together. Nature Connection is Essential. Learning Lasts a Lifetime. Impact Drives Us.
We critically need your support today to drive our work into 2024. We’ve come far in 30 years, guided by your desire to be informed, teach with purpose, and ensure everyone is included. We got here because of your dreams, hard work, and investment. Now, the need is great, and we need you, our great community.
We’re stronger with you. Join us to drive the future together.
This fundraiser supports
Environmental Educators of North Carolina