Domestic Workers and their families in Jamaica are devastated due to economic effects of COVID19
raised by 26 people
Thanks to Admin Professionals for their Donation today!
A very BIG Shout Out to all Administrative Professionals today!
Kudos to the Jamaica Association of Administrative Professionals, St. Ann Chapter for their donation to the Jamaica Household Workers Union (JHWU) today. We truly appreciate it!
Coronavirus Crisis - Devastating Impact on Domestic Workers in Jamaica
Across Jamaica, housekeepers, helpers, gardeners, cooks, and nannies are having an extremely rough time as they have been let go from their jobs with no pay. Jamaica is now weeks into the COVID-19 crisis and many Domestic Workers have run out for money and are facing severe challenges with food and other basic supplies for their families.
We agree that everyone must stay home, or as we say in Jamaica #TanAYuhYaad. But we are facing hunger and dwindling personal supplies.
We need Your Help to Survive.
1. Please contribute here to the Mighty Cause Fund set up by Imani Duncan-Price (one of our supporters)
2. Send a generous contribution to our local Scotia account number: 100929079, Branch: Half-Way Tree, Account name: Jamaica Household Workers Union.
All money you donate will provide immediate financial support for domestic workers so they can protect themselves and their families.
3. If you cannot donate money, please consider dropping off food items, feminine supplies, diapers, toilet paper, and soap at our office at 4 Ellesmere Road, Half Way Tree in Kingston.
All contributions are sincerely appreciated. We are all in this together!
About the Jamaica Household Workers Union
The Jamaica Household Workers Union (JHWU) is a registered non–governmental, non partisan, voluntary organization that was set up in 1991 to represent the needs and interests of domestic workers. We:
- Inform household workers of labour rights and regulations
- Provide household workers with training opportunities
- Provide updates on job opportunities in the domestic services and in other occupation
- Put household workers in touch with potential employers
- Provide a support network of household workers
We have 13 chapters across the island with 6200 members.
Thank you so much for helping domestic workers make it through this crisis.
Contact: Shirley Pryce, President
A personal fundraiser by
Imani Duncan-Price on behalf of the JHWU