Support your community's ability to gather and break bread this holiday season!
raised by 690 people
Yoche Dehe Wintun Nation Provides $30,000 Catalyst Gift to "Yolo Gives & Gathers" Campaign
The lead sponsor for this campaign and Yolo Food Bank's largest donor to date, Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation, has provided the organization with a $30,000 catalyst gift in support of "Yolo Gives & Gathers".
“There is nothing more sacred to Yocha Dehe than contributing to families in need,” said Yocha Dehe Tribal Chairman Anthony Roberts. “We value our longstanding relationship with the Food Bank and feel blessed to be in a position to help.”
Yolo Food Bank is extremely grateful to have the Tribe's support and partnership in accomplishing our unified mission.
YOLO GIVES & GATHERS
Give the Gift of Gathering this Giving Tuesday
Today is Giving Tuesday, a global movement of generosity that occurs annually on the Tuesday following the Thanksgiving holiday. Today also marks the culmination of our "Yolo Gives & Gathers" Campaign, which advances food security by supporting our community's ability to gather and break bread this holiday season. So far, more than 500 donors have contributed over $200,000 to nourish our must vulnerable populations in Yolo County! Will you join them and tens of thousands more around the globe and make a gift to support Yolo Food Bank today on Giving Tuesday?
This season your support will...
- Fund more than 2,300 meal kits as part of our annual Holiday Food Distribution reaching thousands of families countywide through direct distribution and in collaboration with our 64 nonprofit partners
- Gift 1,300 homebound low-income senior citizens and mobility-restricted neighbors special holiday meal kit deliveries through our "Eat Home Yolo" program
- Support nearly 2,500 elementary school-aged children’s access to local, seasonal produce and nutrition education as part of our "Kids Farmers Farmers Market" program
- Provide emergency pop-up distributions countywide serving our most vulnerable residents across the food system sector and beyond
While we are filled with gratitude for the success of our campaign thus far, the need in our community is greater than ever. The demand for food assistance has increased nearly 15% across our distributions, while food supply has declined due to shortages and rising costs. Your gift will support families like Elizabeth above, allowing other families, individuals, students, seniors, food system workers, and other vulnerable populations access to the food they need this holiday season. As our "Yolo Gives & Gathers" campaign comes to a close today, we hope that you consider Yolo Food Bank for your Giving Tuesday gift. Yolo County has stepped up to assist neighbors in need before – will you join us again?
ABOUT YOLO FOOD BANK
Hungry for Heroes: A Day on the Frontlines
Yolo Food Bank distributes nearly 11 million pounds of food each year to neighbors in need, via 124 distributions each month in every corner of Yolo County. This includes Yolo Food Bank’s direct distribution programs (Eat Well Yolo, Eat Home Yolo, and Kids Farmers Market), and 64 nonprofit partner organizations countywide.
This is the story of Isaiah, a Yolo Food Bank driver, and his efforts to change lives by nourishing Yolo County.
Yolo Food Bank durably increases food and nutrition security and helps create an equitable and sustainable local food system by:
- Connecting individuals and families to healthy, high-quality food and resources;
- Collaborating with community partners to deepen outreach and address food needs; and
Convening key players in the community to assess progress and plan collective actions.
Yolo Food Bank is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Tax I.D. # 23-7111782.
233 Harter Ave., Woodland, CA 95776
This fundraiser supports
Yolo Food Bank