Scholarships to Transform a Community

Organization Image

A nonprofit fundraiser supporting

Lead Brevard Inc

LEAD Brevard is committed to building capacity and amplifying the voices of ALL community leaders.


raised by 14 people

$10,000 goal

Scholarships to Transform a Community 

#LeadershipInAction  #TransformACommunity #LEADBrevard

LEAD Brevard is committed to building capacity and amplifying the voices of ALL community leaders so that we can achieve a diverse influence to ensure equity in Brevard. Leadership Brevard scholarships promote and increase diversity in the program, welcoming new and different voices and helping to remove financial barriers to participation. 

As an intentional strategy toward the goal of increased diversity in the Leadership Brevard program, LEAD Brevard is directing 75% of available scholarship funds to equity, inclusion and diversity awards. The remaining 25% of available scholarship funds will be directed to other qualified community members seeking assistance. Scholarship awards remove economic barriers and make it possible to serve more leaders of color and those representing historically underrepresented populations. 

All scholarship decisions are based on the following criteria:

  • Strength of interest and investment in the community and the Leadership Brevard program
  • Clarity and creativity of intention to use the knowledge and network gained through Leadership Brevard to enhance the Brevard County community
  • Financial need

In 2021, seven fully funded tuition scholarships were awarded to BIPOC leaders.  Those individuals are protecting the rights of abused women and children, creating safe after school programs, pastoring a church and working as a sales director, having made the transition from homelessness to a retail career.  You can help us award scholarships to community leaders like these and more this program year; please donate today. 

LEAD Brevard is a nonprofit whose mission is working together to strengthen our community by inspiring people to lead.  Your contribution to the a LEAD Brevard scholarship fund provides a path for leaders to engage in the work of learning about issues, crafting solutions and taking action to make an impact. With a 36-year history of identifying and deploying leaders, Leadership Brevard has alumni working in areas like homelessness and affordable housing; environmental and sustainability issues and equity and inclusion.  Through financial support from alumni and sponsors like you, there is a pool of funds to support scholarships for the Leadership Brevard and Leadership Essentials programs.  

Participation in the Leadership Brevard program can deepen a participant’s knowledge of Brevard, their civic engagement and leadership connections.  The Leadership Brevard experience could help pave the way and open doors to expand participant’s community leadership and advocacy roles.

In 2021, individuals, foundations and organizations helped us raise over $29,000 in scholarship awards; 100% of your gift during this campaign is dedicated to scholarship awards.

With your help and funds to support scholarships, LEAD Brevard will continue to build a base of leadership with leaders who are prepared to address the challenges we face today and tomorrow.

Help us transform a community through leadership by making your contribution today. Members of the class, this year and next, have an unprecedented opportunity to make a leadership impact; you can make it possible for them to do so. 

Use of Funds

Giving Activity



Log in to leave a comment. Log in